Thursday, July 22, 2010

Not so great with the gifts

My mother is a wonderful lady and I love her dearly, but she is not so great with the gift giving. As a kid she did alright for the exception of one Christmas where she bought us all these clothes we didn't like so we took them back and bought Girbaud jeans.
As and adult it's been a series of strange things. For my 25th birthday I got a gold heart shaped box with my name and year engraved on it. Pretty sure it came from the store Things Remembered. For my 27th Birthday she gave me some odd sunflower coffee mugs and the one that takes the cake is for my 28th birthday I got a fuzzy purple purse with "princess" written on it. The princess thing was cute when I was 21, but um 28 not so much. Finally she has taken to giving me the gift cards I've asked for.
Christmas presents are equally strange. A couple of years ago I got a really tacky Nativity scene that was white with lot O gold. The next year I opened a silver charm bracelet with seems fine until you look closely at the charms and they are all dentist themed think toothpaste, toothbrush and teeth. She said she thought of me because of the cute smile on one of the charms. I guess she failed to look at the rest of them.
Now I get that it's the thought that counts, but really I would rather her not waste her money on things that I won't keep.
Love ya mom
Shareena aka the baby sister

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making me laugh! The charm braclet is too much. I have never heard that one!

    ReplyDelete